Dr. Masud Hashmee
& Phaco Surgeon
Bangladesh Eye Hospital (Shantinagar Branch)
WHAT IS RETINAL DISEASE
Retinal diseases are a range of disorders that affect the thin layer of tissue lining the back of the eye.
Symptoms of Retinal Disease
- Sudden appearance of floaters in the vision
- Blurred vision
- Flashes of light in one or both eyes
- “Shadow” over visual field
- Loss of vision
Types of Retinal Diseases
- Retinal Detachment
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabtic Retinopathy
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
Related Retinal Diseases
- Macular Hole
- Macular Pucker
- Retinal Artery Obstruction
- Central Serous Retinopathy
Special tests for retinal diseases and uveitis
- Fundus photography
- Fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA)
- Indocyanine angiography (ICG)
- Fluorescein ophthalmoscopy
- Electro retinography and electro oculography
Retina Surgery & Other Treatments
Treatment options for retinal disease range from surgical interventions to injections of air, gas, or liquid into the eye.
Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Early Symptoms: None
- Late Symptoms: Unusual eye movements, white pupils, vision loss
- Diagnosis: Eye exam or photographs of the retinas
- Treatment: None (for mild cases), laser treatment, freeze treatment, eye injections (for severe cases)
The uvea is the middle layer of the eye. It lies beneath the white part of the eye (the sclera). It is made of the iris, ciliary body, and choroid.
সময়টা খুব ভাল কাটল, হুজুরের সাথে, আলহামদুলিল্লাহ ।
About Dr. Masud Hashmee
I joined Islamia Eye Hospital as a Honorary Medical Officer in Ophthalmology in 2000.
As an Undergraduate trainee undergoes 1 year of training including rotations in Paediatric Ophthalmology, Vitreo Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea and Occuloplastics.
After completing my DO Course I joined Islamia as a Senior Medical Officer as well as registrar
Patients What Say?
“This is a wonderful hospital. The doctors are very caring. I will visit this hospital in the future for any further eye treatment when necessary .”